The Old Dispensary (now known as the Stone Town Cultural Centre) is a grand four story building with a set of decorative balconies.The Old Dispensary (now known as the Stone Town Cultural Centre) laid in 1887, the building was only completed in 1894. Built by Tharia Thopen, one of Zanzibar's richest men to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria. It served as a dispensary during colonial times but fell into disrepair in the 1970’s and 1980’s. It is one of the Stone Town buildings that have been successfully restored, in this case with funding from the Aga Khan Trust for Culture. It can be found on Zanzibar’s seafront on Mizingani road.