Is an important historical building located in the Baghani area of Stone Town, Zanzibar. It was built by French missionaries between 1893 and 1898, and the plans were drawn by the same French architect who designed the cathedral in Marseilles, France. The defining characteristic of the cathedral are its twin spires (similar to those of Marseille’s church) which are prominent elements of the Stone Town’s skyline and can be easily spotted from a distance off the coast. The cathedral interior is painted with murals from the Old Testament. The tiles and stained glass windows were all imported from France. The cathedral is in regular use by Stone Town’s Catholic community. There are several masses held each Sunday and occasionally on weekdays.